Monday, March 7, 2011

Today, State Representative Four Price announced the grand opening of his district office located in downtown Amarillo. The district office is located in the Chase Tower at 600 South Tyler, Suite 1402, Amarillo, Texas 79101. The office will be open during normal business hours, unless staff is attending meetings and events in the district. Thus, constituents wanting to visit the district office are encouraged to make an appointment by calling the office at (806) 374-8787. 

"I did not want to wait to open a district office until the end of session as is customary with freshman lawmakers because I want to stay in touch with my constituents while I am at the State Capitol," Representative Price said. "Having a district director on the ground back home allows me to keep up with what is occurring in my district and allows me to fully serve my constituents. That is important to my constituents and me," commented Price. 

"My constituents are very familiar with this location given that this location previously served as a district office for House District 87 for several years. I have already held Friday afternoon meetings with constituents in my district office when I was home from my Capitol office," commented Price.  To date, the Texas House of Representatives has not met on Fridays; however, this will soon change as more bills are voted out of committees and are calendared for debate on the House Chamber floor.  

Representative Price represents Carson, Moore, Potter, and Sherman counties.  He is the only member from the region serving on the House Natural Resources Committee and the House Culture, Recreation & Tourism Committee.    


No comments:

Post a Comment