Thursday, March 3, 2011

To The Dumas Fire Station:
I want to give a big "THANK YOU" to our firefighters, volunteer firefighters, emergency management volunteers called out, and to other area firefighters that helped fight our fires on Sunday.  I know our fires were not as extensive as the Amarillo area, but I know that some of you helped fight those fires also. I personally "thank you" for saving the Neal home at Four Way. We were attending Church Sunday night and had a fellowship. When we saw the flames, this family decided to return home. They called our Church for prayer. They said the fire department was watering their home down when they arrived. Three trucks stayed around their home and kept the flames from engulfing their home, and stayed with them until the firemen knew it was safe. I know that each of you were an answer to prayer and were used as God's instruments in helping their situation. And I am sure that you did the same with other homes in the fire area!
I know that each one of you have worked long and hard the past month putting out fires, helping in emergency situations, and continuing to help wherever needed. For you who were sent to Amarillo, I commend you on the job well done that was tiring and dangerous, but it was a job that was worthwhile and
much needed.
I have a friend who lost seven horses, another family who lost their home and property, and many others in Dumas know of individuals who were affected because of the fires this past weekend. And I am just overwhelmed because of the devastation that has hit our area. I know that off duty firefighters are
helping clean up, bury livestock and doing other things to help the victims.  You don't stop by just fighting the fire, but you go back to help the families after the disaster is over.
Thank you for what you have chosen as a career to do. I hope our community realizes the commitment and sacrifice that you have given and will continue to give to Dumas and the surrounding area. I am overwhelmed to know that I can count on you in time of disaster to our community and in time of need
personally! Sometimes, you never get a "Thank You" for what you do. I do personally appreciate each one that gives your best in the job you do.
Once again,
THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU!
Grace A. Pierson
906 NE 4th
Dumas, Texas 79029

No comments:

Post a Comment